We fully appreciate that Impact as defined and measured in most private and unlisted investments, is very different to that which can be expected and delivered by listed companies. Traditionally, listed companies are limited to disclosing their financial returns; however, we start by requiring companies to also define their targets on non-financial capital also (Human, Social and Environmental).
As far as non-financial capital targets go, companies generally have different base lines as a starting point. Hence, we define IMPACT as a company’s incremental progress towards their non-financial capital S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time Sensitive) targets.
At a portfolio level we look at the Portfolio's SDG footprint, S.M.A.R.T targets and also through CDP, GRI, SBTi adoption, for example. At a company level we look at their individual SDG targets or stakeholder defined targets.
SAMPLE S.M.A.R.T TARGETS
• 62% of our portfolio have adopted Science Based Targets (SBTI) and several more are in the process of adopting this framework to reduce emissions
• 57% of portfolio companies have a CDP score of 'A' for Climate Change
• 48% of portfolio companies have RE100 commitments to renewable electricity
• 29% of portfolio companies have a CDP score of 'A' for Water Security
Discover some of the long term environmental targets these companies have set by clicking on their logos:
• 74% of portfolio companies have SMART targets on social capital and
• 100% of portfolio companies have done supplier assessments in the past 3 years
• 86% of portfolio companies have a human rights policy
• 96% of our portfolio companies have anti-corruption and anti-bribery policies
Discover some of the long term social targets these companies have set by clicking on their logos:
• 87% of portfolio companies have adopted S.M.A.R.T. targets on human capital aspects
• 29% of portfolio companies have women in senior leadership
• 38% of portfolio our company boards are made up of women
•65% of our companies have targets to increase women in leadership
* Portfolio data as at 31st Dec 2021 (or most recent sustainability report
Discover some of the long term human capital targets these companies have set by clicking on their logos: